The best way to improve at chess is through a combination of learning, playing, and training. Chess University students use Chess.com training tools to practice what they have learned in our programs and courses. Here are our top recommended training tools:
- Puzzle Training – Solve chess puzzles to improve your tactical skill and pattern recognition.
- Puzzle Rush – Solve as many puzzles as you can in 5 minutes. Three strikes and you’re out!
- Puzzle Battle – Compete with a friend to see who can solve more chess puzzles.
- Live Chess – Play online training games with chess players from around the world.
- Chess Drills – Test your understanding of essential positions and checkmates against a computer.
Head on over to Chess.com to start using these tools. Chess.com offers plenty of other useful resources that we often recommend in our programs as additional homework. You can also join Chess University’s group there and participate in team matches and vote chess games with fellow chess learners!